Wednesday, December 8, 2010

You Can Put Your Arms Down at School

The winter solstice is approaching.  The cold weather is here.  Time to overbundle the kid!





















"My kid brother looked like a tick that was about to pop."













Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Meanwhile, I struggled for exactly the right BB gun hint. It had to be firm, but subtle.

Ralphie: Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store!

[everyone stares at Ralphie]

Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] They looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

1 comment:

  1. "Nothing strikes terror into the heart of a confection-starved grizzly like the prospect of facing a delusional, pre-pubescent, bespectacled kid with a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun." Alvin York

    Search as they might, no one ever saw a grizzly in Mason County, West Virginia, in the early 1950's, once word got out that I had my own Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. (I was a sort of hillbilly Saint Patrick, except for the venue and the vertebrate genus and the armament.) There's probably a statue somewhere, commemorating the phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete