He learned the word "no" long before he learned "yes." But recently he's decided to use a different word: "Sure." When he started doing this, we weren't "sure" what he was saying; it sounds like "Shuw" (i.e. his r sounds like a w). He is now widely known at daycare as the kid that says "sure" all the time (as opposed to "dis?", which was his trademark word last year).
He was crying one night at bedtime (probably another tooth coming in), and he wanted me to pick him up out of the crib and rock him, so he was saying "Rocking chair, sure?!" One does not usually use the word "sure" when one is crying one's eyes out, so I didn't get it at first. Anyway, I picked him up and rocked him for a while. Am I a sucker? Sure I am.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment