Sunday, June 28, 2009

Parents are the same everywhere



This is the photo that appeared on the front page of the New York Times today. The caption: "A father gave medical treatment to his son on Tuesday at a camp for people displaced from Pakistan’s Swat Valley region." I've seen lots of pictures like this in the past; parents in a far away country with a child that was suffering in a war zone or a place with exteme poverty. But when I saw this picture today, I understood what this parent must be feeling, and I knew I'd have a stronger response to images like this from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Makes your heart go out to this father and all the parents in areas of the world where people just can't seem to get along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John...

    I am so proud of you!

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete