Sunday, June 28, 2009

Something to Say, Sorta



For the past few days, Spud has been "talking". He's making little happy noises, composed almost entirely of vowels (there's a "g" too), that sound a lot like proto-words. It's been interesting to watch this happen. His crying has been a lot less intense and much shorter in duration lately. Some of the crying started turning into short bursts of whimpering and whining when his heart wasn't really in it, and from that evolved little short happy noises. This usually happens on the diaper changing table, and lately when he has a mobile over his head or when he's watching the little hanging animals over the "activity mat" that Richard and Lynn gave us (with animals that Matt and Elizabeth gave us). Sometimes these rudimentary "words" reflect absolute unmitigated joy ("aaaieaaaaaa!") complete with a big smile and lots of enthralled huffing and chortling.

We can't wait for him to talk. But someday in the not too distant future, when he's asking for the 34th time why he can't have the G.I. Joe action figure, we're going to wish he'd just shut up.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Man...is he ever CUTE!! I predict his first word will be...."ROCK." We gotta get down there to see him soon.

    Grandpa Chadwick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the slippers....he has his hands all wrapped up and he looks like he's plotting someting....I'd be careful if I were you...

    ReplyDelete